Will A Home Security System Work In Cedar Rapids?
If you’re similar to a lot of homeowners, you need your house to be safeguarded all the time. but, does a home security system work in Cedar Rapids?
The easy answer: yes. That is if you install the correct home security system. Not only do the alarms and sensors provide superior security, the state-of-the-art components offer a level of efficiency and control you could not have thought possible. By adding home automation, surveillance, and access through a mobile app, you can have a secure smart home.
Let's take a minute to explore why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a great idea for your home.
Essential Security Components
So you can ensure your Cedar Rapids home security system works to the best of its ability, you have to get these necessary security features:
- Window and door sensors: You could find this unusual, but many intruders enter your house by your front door. The other most common targets are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these reasons, door and window sensors are deemed the foundation of your security system. When the alarm is activated and your door or window sensors are disturbed, the jarring, high-decibel alarm siren will go off and your round-the-clock monitoring agents will be contacted.
- Touchscreen command center: Get rid of those confusing number pads, as easy-to-use smart screens now run your system. These screens will also manage your smart home components, security cameras, and monitoring.
- phone app: The biggest home security allow you manage every segment of your home security through your security app. Now if device triggers, you have the option to receive an instant alert to your phone. Also, disarm and arm your alarms remotely, program smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- ADT signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in an ADT sign or a window decal, these can forewarn an aspirational burglar that your property is secure.
Does A Home Security System Keep You More Safe In Cedar Rapids?
While it may appear like pearl-clutching to install alarms and set-up a smartphone app when you have deadbolts and reside in a secure neighborhood, the studies support the notion that home security systems will help protect your home. For example, a report out of Rutger University says that most intruders will actively avoid homes with a security system installed. They will then opt to hit an easier home that looks unsecure.
That meshes with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized houses don’t have a home security. In other words, they are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that are protected. And while displaying that your home have an alarm helps dissuade break-ins, other things -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also help discourage a burglar.
Of course, modern home security can do more than ring an siren. Nowadays you can add in some needed services that make a home security system safe and secure.
24-hour Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Cedar Rapids when they don’t have round-the-clock monitoring? Having a outside experts is always the best bet and 24/7 monitoring from trained experts can make sure the authorities arrive to the scene faster after a tripped alarm.
Monitoring professionals can protect you day or night -- whether you are there or not. If you’re don’t hear your system going off, the monitoring agents get a hold of you and the authorities after a triggered alarm event. Even when you’re home, you won't have to worry about contacting the authorities and make sure family members and animal are accounted for and safe.
Use The Same Monitored Services For Flood, Fire, and Medical Emergencies
When you install your security system, you can choose to install much more than security alarms. equipment like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be integrated into your overall set-up. If an emergency is sensed, your devices will respond just like your security alarms. And when the loud signal sounds, your round-the-clock monitoring team are notified, and an alert will show up on your smartphone.
You can even get a panic button, which can be easily attached to you or a family member via a lanyard, bracelet, or clip. If someone you live with is a fall risk or a medical problem, they can hit a two-finger button to contact emergency services.
Get Safety, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Modern home automation components can bring you a tier of management and convenience you’ve never had before. They can make your house more energy-savvy and responsive. And when you link smart devices to your home security system, they will also make your house much safer. For example:
- Schedule your smart lighting to make it seem like your house is occupied when you’re at work.
- Have your hall smart bulbs come on as your security camera detects unusual motion.
- Use geofencing to lock your smart locks, flip off your lights, and lower the temperature when you leave for your day.
- Make personalized scenes so you can pre-set your lighting levels, thermostat, alarms, and other components with one tap of a button.
- Or just check on all your devices and control your alarms and cameras through your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through automation, and you’ll see how much you need a smart home security system in Cedar Rapids. You can even manage your devices with voice commands when you link your home security system to your favorite smart speaker.
Maintain An Eye On Your Home With Smart Security Cameras
Yard signs and proper lighting are wonderful burglary disincentives, but smart cameras may take your protection to a higher plane. The last thing a burglar is looking for is to be caught on a security camera as the 30-second clip may be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can install indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24/7.
Do you want to see what’s the commotion you heard outside? Would you want to check on the kids when they get home from school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you need to do is to get the live feed from your ADT Control app. You could also receive alerts on your mobile device whenever a delivery person approaches or the camera sees abnormal motion. You can then speak with visitors with the 2-way talk feature on the app.
How To Find Your Security System In Cedar Rapids?
Want help in creating a security system that works in Cedar Rapids? Our home security professionals can custom-build the best alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be bundled into one comprehensive plan. Contact us today at (319) 214-2293 or fill out the form below.