A Monitored Cedar Rapids Flood Detector Notifies You Of Water Leaking Before Excessive Damage Occurs
Clogged drains, corroded pipes, leaking appliances -- these are all problems that are known to cause costly water damage at your property. Unfortunately, these are also the problems that you notice much too late. Even a dripping water line or running toilet can create major concerns if left unattended.
But, when you incorporate a Cedar Rapids monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can discover leaks or excess water before it becomes a catastrophe. The easy-to-install wireless system alerts you as soon as it detects water with an intense, easy-to-hear beeping and a communication to your cell phone. An ADT monitoring professional will also reach out to you when the flood sensor is triggered.
Should I Install A Monitored Flood Detector In Cedar Rapids?
Nobody wants to descend your staircase to see that your basement is now an indoor swimming pool. Luckily, a Cedar Rapids flood detector is designed to catch leaks and unwanted water before you get thousands of dollars in water damage. Here’s what you should know:
- Smart sensor technology: The advanced-tech system detects dripping or standing water instead of moisture in the air -- so it's acceptable for use in the bathroom, laundry room, or other steamy places.
- Unlimited placement options with a wireless connection: Reliable sensors come with a wireless connection and a 4-year lithium battery. You can confidently place your detector near sump pumps, behind appliances, next to pipes or anywhere you could have a leak.
- Phone alerts when you're not home: Sump pump failures and leaks have a habit of happening when you're not at home. In the event your Cedar Rapids flood detector finds a water issue, it will deliver an instant notification to your cell.
- 24-7 monitoring provides another layer of protection: In addition to an intense alarm system and phone notifications, your flood detector will notify your ADT 24/7 monitoring center. Your monitoring technicians will quickly contact you and assist you as needed.
Smartphone App Makes Your Cedar Rapids Flood Detector Work As Part of Your Home Automation
Response times are critical when water infiltration is threatening your property. When utilizing the ADT smartphone app, you can access home automation systems and make it easier when maintenance comes to your location. Leveraging your automation controls helps when you’re in the house, but essential when you’re not there. With a monitored Cedar Rapids flood detector you are able to:
- Receive notifications on your mobile device when flowing water is identified.
- Remotely unlock doors and disable security alarms for emergency repairs.
- Raise temperature to halt the freezing of pipes.
- Check HD feeds from your camera system to find points of entry and evaluate remediation needs.
- Keep in persistent connection with your 24-hour ADT team.
Your Advanced Home Security With Flood Detection Is Just a Call Away
Flood detectors and additional home safety devices are all aspects of a well-rounded security system through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you call our offices, we’ll guide you to the perfect package to fit your needs. Just call (319) 214-2293 today or fill out our form to request your no-obligation free estimate.