Home security cameras can simply be used as a warning—a sign that notifies burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come equipped with a plethora of tools all designed to enable comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features empower you to utilize the most from security cameras in Cedar Rapids.
How To Set Up Your Cedar Rapids Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Installing your video surveillance in the perfect locations around your living space is the first place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented rooms such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras should afford a clear sightline of your front door, front walk, and backyard, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. Then see a view of your front porch with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places within your house that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your guests should be a primary concern prior to mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Security Cameras
Component layout is only the foundation for extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Cedar Rapids. The additions shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your smart device the instant abnormal movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin recording when activity is detected which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your video surveillance to record and save clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with guests with the camera. With your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a security camera can see, and allows for a more exhaustive look at what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that have at least 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Cedar Rapids is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (319) 214-2293 or submit the form below to start customizing your security system today.