What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Cedar Rapids
You know you must safeguard your home. Beyond everything else, it’sthe haven where your loved ones live and is where you store your belongings. But what is the right kind of home secuirty? Figuring out if you should use 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary considerations you need to make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Cedar Rapids and see what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to provide help at a moment’s notice. If an entrypoint sensor activates or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring specialists are issued a prompt notification. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and send the proper emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional backup. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you have to act to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper route, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Cedar Rapids
Here’s a brief overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup in place is always a good choice. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without access to your phone, your property and those inside will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might make you eligible for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line components and smooth integration: When you get equipment, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will find yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Countless people would rather have the job taken care of by skilled technicians, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement will be acceptable for most as home security is a service you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Cedar Rapids
Here’s a short breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Some could deem this to be a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an extra charge. Others might wish to use a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You can install components when you desire - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you could find assembling into a cohesive system a challenge.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your system. If a disaster arises, it’s up to you to get help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your phone and don’t receive a security notification? This scenario will lead to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Since you are the single person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you want help during an installation, you might have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Cedar Rapids
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Cedar Rapids from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the ideal option for you. Contact (319) 214-2293 today to speak with our security experts.